From this December's feature cookbook, A Loving Spoonful, now available to buy in the shop.
2/3 cup cashews processed into paste
70g dates soaked in a little boiling water
1 cup walnuts crushed
1/2 cup almonds crushed
1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs crushed
Finely grated rind of an orange
1 large tablespoon coconut palm sugar
1 large tablespoon cocoa powder
20g cocoa butter melted
50g cocoa butter
20g cocoa powder
15g coconut oil
Pinch vanilla powder
25g coconut palm sugar in a tiny amount boiling water
1. Puree dates and cashews together, add remaining date mix ingredients.
2. Roll into little balls and chill in the freezer.
3. Melt cocoa butter over low heat, stir in remaining topping ingredients.
4. Dip the balls into the chocolate. Repeat.
5. Put a piece of walnut on the top.